Callahan’s Gas Helps You Manage Your Propane Costs

Learn more about how we help you stay in budget

Over the past few years, many of us have experienced a financial roller coaster ride. At Callahan’s Gas, our objective is to assist you in managing your propane costs, easing the burden of handling your household expenses. We strive to provide you with peace of mind when it comes to your financial well-being.

As a locally owned business that has been in the Callahan family for three generations, we possess a deep understanding of the unique needs and concerns of our customers on the Mid-Shore of Maryland. This knowledge sets us apart from national propane companies, allowing us to provide unparalleled service and support.

Even out your propane bills with Level Pay.

If you rely on propane for home heating, you’ve probably noticed that your propane bills tend to spike during the winter months. This can be quite inconvenient, particularly when you consider other expenses like holiday spending, tax bills, and tuition payments.

At Callahan’s Gas, we have the perfect solution — the Level Pay Plan! By enrolling in our plan, you can enjoy the convenience of spreading out your home’s propane costs over 12 simple and equal monthly installments. Say goodbye to unexpected billing surprises, as you’ll already know exactly how much you’ll be paying. With our Level Pay Plan, managing your propane expenses has never been easier!

What affects the price of propane?

propane pricing graph chart

The cost of propane per gallon is shaped by factors beyond supply and demand. Weather conditions and international affairs also exert a substantial influence. Now, let’s explore these elements further to gain a deeper comprehension.

Crude oil and natural gas prices: Around 70% of the propane in the United States is obtained as a byproduct of natural gas processing, making it vulnerable to fluctuations in natural gas production. The remaining 30% of our propane supply comes from crude oil processing, meaning that the price per gallon of propane can also be influenced by global oil markets.

Weather conditions: Propane plays a vital role in heating for both residential and commercial purposes nationwide. The pricing of propane can be influenced by weather conditions, both locally and in distant areas. It’s important to note that the impact on propane costs extends beyond winter weather alone. Consider this example: Even a summer hurricane near a propane distribution center can have long-lasting consequences on propane distribution and pricing for weeks, or even months, afterwards.

Location: Proximity to a propane storage and distribution hub can impact propane costs. Living nearby can provide the benefit of lower expenses for your propane supply, while residing farther away may result in higher costs.

Tips for cutting propane costs

There are multiple strategies available to reduce propane consumption and thus decrease your propane bill.

Utilizing a programmable or smart thermostat effectively can lead to significant savings of 10% or more on your propane home heating expenses. To help you make the most of these energy-saving devices, here are some recommendations from the U.S. Department of Energy regarding programmable and smart thermostats:

Did you know that water heating is the second-largest consumer of propane in your home, right after home heating? Here’s an intriguing fact: by simply adjusting your water heater’s thermostat from 140°F to 120°F, you can save up to 10% on energy costs. And don’t worry, your water will still be plenty hot for all your bathing and cleaning needs!

But that’s not all. This small adjustment also helps reduce the risk of scalding injuries, which are particularly dangerous for children and the elderly. So, not only will you be making a smart choice by saving money, but you’ll also be maintaining a comfortable and safe water temperature.

Do you have questions about managing your propane costs? Contact us, and we will be happy to help!